SANSA REGIONAL & TACA REGIONAL Honduras
- SANSA REGIONAL (flights operated on Cessna Grand Caravan): 1 piece with maximum weight of 30 lbs. /14 kgs and up to 45 linear inches / 114 cm. (length + height + width).
- TACA REGIONAL (flights operated on ATR): 1 piece with maximum weight of 35 lbs/15.9 kgs and up to 62 linear inches / 157 cm. (length + height + width).
You are permitted to carry one piece with a maximum weight of 10 lbs/4.5 Kg.
- SANSA REGIONAL: 20 linear inches/ 50 cm (length + height + width).
- TACA REGIONAL: 45 linear inches/ 114 cm (length + height + width).
In addition, each passenger may take one of the following items into the cabin under their own care and at no additional cost:
Excess Baggage Charge
- Ladies purse/handbag.
- Umbrella or Walking cane.
- Items to be consumed by infants during the trip
- Coat or Blanket.
- Camera or binoculars.
- In case of limited space in the cabin, you may be required to check your luggage.
Anything exceeding the free baggage allowance is considered as excess baggage and can only be transported by paying an additional fee for it. Overweight and additional baggage is transported subject to available space on the plane. Additional charge applies per pound:
- SANSA REGIONAL: $1.00 USD.
- TACA REGIONAL: $1.00 USD.
You can check sport equipment as part of your free baggage allowance, if you check it as an extra piece (in addition to your free baggage allowance), oversize or overweight charges may apply, as well as subject to space availability.
One of the following sports equipment is permitted per passenger with a $30 charge each way.
- Fishing: 2 fishing rods, 1 pair of boots, 1 net.
- Golf: 1 golf club bag (up to 62 inches) with up to 14 clubs, 12 golf balls and 1 pair of golf shoes packed in the bag.
- Diving: 1 air regulator, 1 pair of rubber fins, 1 conventional harpoon, 1 diving mask, 1 wet suit and 1 weight belt.
- Archery: 1 bow plus arrows, packed in a bag designed for this purpose.
- Ski: 2 poles, 1pair of skis, boots and shoes.
- Bikes: We do accept 1 bike in a proper protective bag; all bikes are subject to space and weight availability, wheels must be de-inflated for transportation.
TACA REGIONAL Honduras
Maximum length 6.7 pies/2 mts.
||1 surfboard per passenger, per flight
||2 surfboard per passenger, per flight
||$30 USD per way, per surfboard
||The surfboards are not part of the baggage allowance and are considered subject to space
||You can check your surfboards as part of your free allowance baggage, if you check it as an extra piece, is handled as subject to space (standby bag)
Useful tips to pack your surfboards:
- Fins must be removed.
- Neither clothing nor any other articles are permitted inside the surfboard bags.
- Damaged packaging and/or packaging not resistant to normal handling are not accepted.
- Damaged surfboards are not accepted either.
You may not transport as part of your baggage:
Tips for Packing
- Windsurfing boards.
- Surfboards exceeding 7ft/2.1mts in length.
- Diving tanks.
- Pack any and all valuable articles (money, jewelry, electronic devices, etc.) in your carry-on baggage.
- Identify your baggage with the free baggage tags available at TACA REGIONAL check-in counters. Be sure to include your name, address and a telephone number where you can be located if necessary.
- Avoid excess baggage charges by complying with weight and size requirements.
- Present any damaged baggage claims before leaving the airport. Please note that SANSA REGIONAL and TACA REGIONAL Honduras is not responsible for minor damages (such as scratches, dents, lost wheels, etc.), caused by normal handling or overstuffed bags.
- Do not transport perishable goods.
- Claim your baggage by the tag number and not just for their appearance.